our confirmed seminar speakers
DR RICHARD SCHLOEFFEL (MBBS, FRACGP, FAMAS, DIP ACUP (CHINA), OAM); Dr Richard Schloeffel is a registered general practitioner who is the Medical Director at The Grove Health Pymble. For the past 20 years Dr Schloeffel has focused on understanding and managing complex and chronic disorders, developing diagnostic and treatment protocols for disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and autoimmune diseases. He graduated from the University of NSW in 1978 and his initial training was in intensive care medicine. Dr Schloeffel gained a fellowship with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 1983 and was the founding member of The Australian Chronic Infectious and Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) in 2014. In 2017, he received an Order of Australia Medal (OAM) for his work in Chronic and Infectious Diseases and was awarded ‘Most Outstanding Healthcare Professional’ in Australia that same year.
DR SANDEEP GUPTA (MBBS, FACNEM, FRACGP); Dr Sandeep Gupta is a registered general practitioner who runs an integrative medicine clinic on the Sunshine Coast. His main passion is finding the underlying causes and developing innovated approaches to managing chronic illness. Dr Gupta has received specialised training in integrative medicine and was awarded a Fellowship of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine in 2008 and a Fellowship of the Australian College of General Practitioners in 2010. He has physician training certification in biotoxin illness and a Masters of Nutrition in diabetes and living food nutrition. He is on the Australian Integrative Medicine Association (AIMA) advocacy committee, and a founding member of the Australian Chronic Infectious and Inflammatory Disease Society (ACIIDS) and the International Society for Environmentally Acquired Illness (ISEAI).
DR ANTONY UNDERWOOD (MBBS, FRACP, DIP POST GRAD HEALTH LAW) ;
Dr Antony Underwood is a registered consultant physician, specialising in paediatrics. Post-graduation he worked and studied in England and Germany. His specialist interest areas are in autism spectrum and other developmental disorders. His focus is on the treatment of biomedical disorders and he has trained extensively with Dr William Walsh as well as other biomedical doctors. He has presented at the Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM) and lectured to doctors in the Philippines, New Zealand and India on the biomedical treatment of autism spectrum disorders. Dr Underwood has noted over the last two decades of clinical practice the increasing association of connective tissue disorders with chronic illnesses, including autism and chronic fatigue syndrome.
SEMINAR PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Dr Richard Schloeffel
Connective Tissue Disorders in Chronic Illness
• Clinical presentations of connective tissue disorders with concomitant
chronic fatigue syndrome and/or vectorborne illness.
• Implications of connective tissue disorders in chronic illness.
• Review of treatment strategies including nutrition and lifestyle approaches.
• Therapeutic solutions using case history examples.
Dr Sandeep Gupta
Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS)
• What is MCAS? Symptoms and how to recognise a MCAS patient.
• Possible precipitating factors for MCAS.
• Therapeutic treatment and ongoing management of patients with MCAS.
• Overview of the various clinical presentations of autoimmunity.
• Diagnosis and management of specific autoimmune conditions.
• Therapeutic challenges through case history discussion.
Dr Antony Underwood
Connective Tissue Disorders (CTD)
• Overview of connective tissue disorders with paediatric insights.
• Paediatric presentations of CTD.
• Prevalence of CTD.
• Signs, symptoms and differential diagnosis of CTD.
• Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or hypermobility syndrome?
• Relationship between CTD and other associated conditions.