Third Party Testing
All ingredients must clear both regulatory and internal benchmarks before passing. We conduct the mandatory finished product testing as required by the TGA, in addition our own Quality Control is completed to reassure the practitioner that we can substantiate our claims.
In the case of seriously allergic patients, ALWAYS follow the advice of a practitioner and have them contact our customer service number on 1300 852 775 before prescribing. We will supply practitioners with the latest allergens assay for the ingredients being enquired about.
In summary, you can be assured that Spectrumceuticals’ ingredients are tested for a range of heavy metals, pesticides, microbes, allergens and food intolerances by reputable laboratories with the capability and technology to accurately detect most contaminants.
- Checking our suppliers ingredients are identified correctly
- Ensuring the label claim for each and every ingredient is within specification
- Analysis of yeast, moulds, bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli and salmonellae are within specification
- Test for specific food allergens and other contaminants
Batch identification of raw ingredients both active and excipient materials includes;
- Identity testing performed individually on all containers, each delivery.
- Moisture and related substances may be critical depending on the raw material.
- Chemical analysis via third party laboratory.
Chemical composition includes an ingredient assay at blended mix and post encapsulation, inclusive of inactive excipients, ensuring the label claim for each and every ingredient is within specification.
Microbiological testing includes the analysis of yeast, moulds, bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus, E. coli and salmonellae and ensures each are within specification.
We test for specific allergens (peanuts, almonds and walnuts) and food intolerances, specifically wheat (gluten) and dairy (casein). Our allergen laboratory is not TGA-accredited, however it is a government contract laboratory considered an expert in the field of food allergen analysis.