OUR INGREDIENT SOURCING
Spectrumceuticals ingredients are sourced from ingredient laboratories in the United States of America, Italy, Switzerland, France, Germany and Japan.
Spectrumceuticals source ingredients from particular companies due to their patented products, good manufacturing practices (cGMP) and the integrity of their certificate of analysis and adherence to regulatory requirements.
Spectrumceuticals® selected ingredient suppliers include;
Active ingredient considerations:
Our suppliers of ingredients provide comprehensive product specifications, including microbiological purity testing, and all compendial comply to regulatory bodies.
We source scientifically renown probiotic strains and declare all strain names on our product literature.
Our probiotic ingredients are grown on a dairy and soy-free medium, when they are not we will declare on the product literature.
Our vitamins are all synthetically manufactured or derived from a fermentation process and certified free of bovine and transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (BSE/TSE).
Our minerals are synthetically manufactured or purified after being mined.
An excipient is an inactive substance used with the active ingredient of a medicine or dietary supplement to fill, bind, lubricate or flavour formulations for the following reasons:
• to allow accurate dosing of a medicine
• to aid in the manufacturing process
• to aid stability and the prevention of denaturation over shelf life
• to mask unpleasant-tasting active ingredients to aid compliance.
Most nutritional dietary supplements contain some inactive excipients. In our formulas;
- HPMC consists of only two ingredients: HPMC and purified water. HPMC is derived from vegetable cellulose and contains no preservatives, gelatin, wheat, animal by-products or starch
- due to its anti-caking properties. Silicon dioxide is inert and non-toxic as a dietary supplement
- in cases where we cannot use leucine we use small quantities of vegetable-grade magnesium stearate as a lubricant for encapsulating our two-piece vegetable capsules. Lubricants prevent ingredients from sticking to the capsule-filling machine and stop ingredients from clumping together in a formulation. When encapsulating probiotics it is important not to over heat the bacteria so lubricants are necessary for long term stability
For specific information about probiotic strains, vitamins and minerals practitioners can search our Knowledge Base
Albion® is a registered trademark of the Albion® company, USA.
Trademark ‘lactobacillus fermentum ME-3®’, is a registered trademark of the University of Tartu, Estonia, under exclusive licence of VF Bioscience SAS, France.
BioOptima™ is a trademark of Gnosis Bioresearch SA, Switzerland.
Quatrefolic® is a registered trademark of Gnossis® S.p.A, Italy.
DRCAPS™ and DRCAPS and Design are trademarks used under license.
BB536® is a trademark of Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.