Dr Leila Masson – M.D. MPH FRACP FACNEM FMAPS
Dr Leila Masson Clinic, Sydney
Dr Leila Masson is a consultant paediatrician who specialises in nutritional and environmental medicine for children’s health issues, including allergies, asthma, behavior problems, autism spectrum disorders and ADHD. She has a busy clinic in Sydney where she sees children and mentors doctors in integrative paediatrics. She received her medical doctorate from the Free University of Berlin and did her paediatric specialist training at the University of California in San Francisco. She received her Master in Public Health from Harvard University and her Diploma in Tropical Medicine from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. She is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians, the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine and the Medical Academy of Pediatric Special Needs. Dr Masson is a board member of AIMA, the Australasian Integrative Medicine Association. She is also on the board of professional advisors of La Leche League New Zealand. Leila has worked in the US, Europe, New Zealand, and volunteered for 2 years setting up a rural clinic in Pakistan.
Dr Masson lectures internationally on the subject of children’s nutrition and an integrative medicine approach to paediatric issues, including autism spectrum disorders, ADHD, allergies, recurrent infections, and autoimmune diseases. She speaks English, German, French, and Spanish.
She is the author of “Children’s Health A-Z” a parent’s guide to natural therapies for common childhood ailments.
Specific areas of interest in her practice
• Integrative approach to paediatrics, including chronic diseases, developmental, and behavioural problems
• Biomedical treatment for autism spectrum disorders and ADHD
• Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
• Allergies, asthma, and eczema
• Gut health, including reflux, chronic diarrhoea, and constipation
• Preventive medicine and positive parenting
• Doctorate in Medicine, Freie Universität Berlin
• Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
• Fellow, Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
• Registered as specialist Paediatrician in Germany
• Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics (past)
• Master in Public Health, Harvard University
• Diploma in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
• Board Certified Lactation Consultant